I believe you are greatly interested in “furisode”.
I’m going to show how to tie furisode obi “ougibunko” by yourself.
“Ougibunko” looks like a decorative big bow.
At first, please watch the video below.
Later, check the important points.
Did you enjoy the video?
Okay, prepare your obi and accessories.
The second preparation is here.
Tuck the plain part of “te”
1. Tuck the plain part.
2. Put it between the first and second turns so that the plain part is not visible when finished tying.
3. View after putting in.
Fold the obi inward to make a fake knot
4. Fold it up from the front center like turning it over.
5. Folded view. Then temporarily tie the “sanjuhimo” band at the back.
6. Three bands of “sanjuhimo” are divided into one above and two below.
How to fold a big bow
7. Fold the root of the knot into a triangle.
8. Fold it to the opposite side. Take a wider width than that of the tri-fold.
9. Make a circle with the rest of “tare”.
10. Take half of the circle and bring it to the front.
11. Flatten the circle. Make sure it is folded in half. Look at the layers above. Align them later.
12. Fold the bow in half in a valley fold. Use your hands like a ruler.
13. Folded view.
14. Fold the forefront of the bow in a mountain fold.
15. Fold the rest of the bow in a mountain fold.
16. Put the bow on the upper line of the obi.
Secure the bow with “sanjuhimo”
17. Secure the bow on the upper line of the obi with two bands. Refer to the photo 6.
How to make fan folds
18. Use the tri-fold’s creases. Fold the “tesaki” into five equal pleats. It is a fan fold.
19. Folded view.
20. The back of the blue star pleat is facing you.
Tie temporarily all kinds of “himo”
21. Temporarily tie “sanjuhimo” band, “obiage” cloth and “obijime” cord at the back. After turning the obi, tie them again firmly.
- Tighten “sanjuhimo” avoiding the center front and take space under the bust. You feel comfortable. (Check it around 6:00 on this video.)
- When turning the obi 180 degrees clockwise, put your belly inside and turn it a little by little.
22. I believe you look great!